 Robotics / 14840

Subject:
Lubricating technic turntables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 02:06:51 GMT

Greetings,

   Any suggestions to safely yet effectively lubricate technic turntables? I
have four which are somewhat stiff and require a fair amount of torque to
rotate. Thanks in advance!

   Cheers,

Carl Jagt

Re: Lubricating technic turntables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 02:38:47 GMT

Carl Jagt wrote:

Greetings,

   Any suggestions to safely yet effectively lubricate technic turntables? I
have four which are somewhat stiff and require a fair amount of torque to
rotate. Thanks in advance!

DISCLAIMER:  I've never tried this...

I'd definitely avoid any kind of liquid lubricant.

I'd guess that a dry graphite lubricant would work - the kind of thing that's
recommended for lubricating door locks that comes with a nice thin nozzle to
direct it where you need it.

Kinda messy though - you might get that black stuff leaking out everywhere for
months afterwards!

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>