 Pirates / 816
Re: My pirate lexicon.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 20:43:38 GMT

Markus Wolf wrote:

Aargh,

"No, not 'aargh,' it's 'aaaaaaarrrrrrr.'"  (Not "ooo!" as in Surprise or Alarm)

sorry, had to.

   Glad you like it, lassie.  When I be aboard the Mornin'star, I be known as
Captain Mordecai Blunderbus.  As I'm a reformed pirate o' sorts, I've replaced
the old skull and crossbones with a white smiley face 'n bowtie.  Sure and
certain, from a distance one can 'ardly tell the difference...

You may also want to note that "Captain" is usually said "Cap'n."  Vowels in
unstressed syllables tend to drop out in the debased Midlands that stereotypical
pirates like to speak.

best

LFB