 Pirates / 561
Re: Boilers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 23:08:58 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote
Do any part of the boilers in a capital ship of the mauve decade
protrude above waterline? Maybe you should just suggest the top of the
boilers on the lowest deck?

And why is this cross posted to Pirates?? :-)

How about because Lindsay, arch pirate and knower of all manner of obscure
things piratical, wants it that way.

Sounds fine by me.

Oh, and because I'm trying and failing dismally to put a teeny tiny boiler
into my period sidewheel riverboat (on the ten wide adventurers hull), and I
can use all the inspiration I can get :-)

I thought the boilers based on the SW Y wing nacelles were looking good - I
kind of imagined a bank of them working together.

In contrast to all the complaints about size, they're just too big for my
uses :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/
Note the change in URL - Port Block is moving (to new and larger
accommodations)
Do adjust your set.