 Pirates / 4152
Re: (MOC) 36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 03:33:15 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Also, at 7 sections she doesn’t look at all canoe-like. Hmmm....

I entirely agree. Kurt has done a few things that I would have discounted out of hand if I was building a ship myself (the hull length, the size of the tops, the double width hull extension from below, the 2x1 slopes from the top rather than 3x1).

But the outcome is just stupendous. There are times when one sees at a model (very few times in a life, more’s the pity) and it quietly and comprehensively explains itself, what it is and what it does. One forgets about the fact that its a model and finds oneself drawn to thinking about the real object, its dimensions and its elements. This is one of those times.

Nice work Kurt.

Leaves my best models bobbing about in the turbulence of her wake :-).

Other posts have picked out some of the dimensions of this, and I more or less agree all round.

I’d just add that she’s beautiful. Its enough to make a minifig sailor’s eye well up with tears of joy. I have crews at Port Block already signing up for passage to where ever it is that she berths, in hope of finding a way to serve aboard her.

;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...
Sail, see the world, be confused. Port Block