 Pirates / 4148
Re: (MOC) 36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 01:15:05 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kurt Baty wrote:
   36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE

   so what do you think?

kurt

hello! this is a wonderful ship you have here. you did a very nice job. 7 center sections is huge! i must echo everyone else in saying you did a great job widening the hull, i have thought about trying to widen a hull, but did not come up with using the (forgive my horrible Lego terminology) angled plates to keep the “flow” going and break up the vertical staggering of the bricks. (does this make sense? not sure if i conveyed it correctly)

wow, 36 guns, i dont even have that many. will make her the terror of the seas ;-).

the sails you made are excellent, very nice.

the only things i can find to point out have been mentioned already: that the stern is a bit high, and the placement of the masts. while i agree with Mr Dulin, that the main mast could be moved back just a bit, i actually think that the foremast is too far back. it looks like you could move it forward of the cannons directly in front of it. if you could move it forwards, i dont think youll have to move the main back (thereby allowing you to keep the extra guns :-)) in general, the mainmast is half as far from the mizzen as it is from the fore, but you can get away without spacing the main and fore quite so far apart.

anyway, you have build a wonderful ship, and i look forward to seeing the other ship you are finishing up!

BTW, like the picture of you with your ship, dont often get to see the people who build the creations.

best regards, stephen rowe