 Pirates / 4140
Re: (MOC) 36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:33:10 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Kurt Baty wrote:
   36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE

(pic link removed)

at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=112250 (photos by Tim Rueger)

modeled after the Leda class frigate http://www.hms-trincomalee.co.uk/

what do I like with what I did with this MOC, I like that the hull has sheer.

why pirates? (recall what Sam Houston said about us)

Did the Texicans ever float a navy at all?

!?

try:

http://www.texasnavy.com/

http://www.texasnavy.com/shiplist.htm

The Battle of Campeche - May 1843

First and only time sail bested steam men-of-war!

The Battle of Campeche by Fred Toler Courtesy San Jacinto Museum of History

also:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Texas+Navy&btnG=Search

books:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1556228856/qid=1105809263/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/104-1175743-1147968?v=glance&s=books or

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1410217035/qid=1105809263/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-1175743-1147968?v=glance&s=books

so what do you think?

I think it is spiffy! I love that you have two decks! And that you have tumblehome.

I was on the gun deck of the HMS Victory in Portsmouth and it is remarkable how little headroom there is (IIRC the floor to ceiling was 6 feet at best, wit a lot of beams lowering it to more like 4.5, but I could be misremembering), so the fact that you have little clearance is spot on.

from the surface of the gun deck to the surface of the quarter deck is exactly six bricks high. no tall hat on a minifig!

Does the RCX stuff in the background mean you are planning to automate the cannonfire (recoil, draw back, reemerge, flash of light, repeat)? :-)

No ;^)

other members stuff (TEX-LUG-Austin)

Spotlighted!

Xposted to boats but FUT left set to pirates. Thanks for sharing this nice work