 Pirates / 4159
Re: (MOC) 36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:20:12 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Also, at 7 sections she doesn’t look at all canoe-like. Hmmm....

I entirely agree. Kurt has done a few things that I would have discounted out of hand if I was building a ship myself (the hull length, the size of the tops, the double width hull extension from below, the 2x1 slopes from the top rather than 3x1).

I tried many things with leocad, trying to get a “look” both in profile (cross-section) and abeam.

But the outcome is just stupendous. There are times when one sees at a model (very few times in a life, more’s the pity) and it quietly and comprehensively explains itself, what it is and what it does. One forgets about the fact that its a model and finds oneself drawn to thinking about the real object, its dimensions and its elements. This is one of those times.

Nice work Kurt.

WOW! what can I say... thanks.

Leaves my best models bobbing about in the turbulence of her wake :-).

I looked at yours too!!

Other posts have picked out some of the dimensions of this, and I more or less agree all round.

I’d just add that she’s beautiful. Its enough to make a minifig sailor’s eye well up with tears of joy.

MORE WOW! it’s just a lego ship.

   I have crews at Port Block already signing up for passage to where ever it is that she berths, in hope of finding a way to serve aboard her.

The captain yells “Prepare to repel boarders!!”

;-)

Richard

thanks again for the high praise.

kurt

   Still baldly going...
Sail, see the world, be confused. Port Block