 Pirates / 4146
Re: (MOC) 36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:43:27 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Kurt Baty wrote:
   36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE

at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=112250 (photos by Tim Rueger)

modeled after the Leda class frigate http://www.hms-trincomalee.co.uk/

what do I like with what I did with this MOC, I like that the hull has sheer.

why pirates? (recall what Sam Houston said about us)

so what do you think?

A magnificent effort! The hull widening from the standard hull pieces is masterful.

Coming from you, this is high praise, thank you very much!

The fighting tops are usefully large, and the doubling of the ratlines to the tops is clever - giving the effect of a nice backward sweep.

yes, using the new ratline part helped.

The steeper than usual tumblehome works very well, and the captain’s cabin is well integrated.

thanks, I like how the latticed widdow kicks-out (3 4 5 right triangle)

Seven centre sections? Wow.

My only criticism would be the placing of the mainmast - it looks to far forward to me. (Though I like that the fore and main masts are more or less the same height - that’s how frigates should be!).

You are right, but to keep the shrouds and channels the same, it would have to come back 6 studs, too much I felt. And I would lose another quarter deck cannon pair, if I wanted to keep them aft of the main mast.

Very nice work indeed!

g’day mate!

kurt

Cheers