 Pirates / 4144
Re: (MOC) 36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:13:43 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Kurt Baty wrote:
   36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE

pic link removed

at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=112250 (photos by Tim Rueger)

modeled after the Leda class frigate http://www.hms-trincomalee.co.uk/

what do I like with what I did with this MOC, I like that the hull has sheer.

why pirates? (recall what Sam Houston said about us)

so what do you think?

Oooh...that’s very, very lovely.

thanks!

   It’s one of the best extensions on that hull I’ve seen.

Thats really what set me off, to build this MOC, because the turkey sets were on sale! I ordered 12 of them in november, cheap!

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/10090-1

2 3665 Brown Slope Brick 45 2 x 1 Inverted (Pic)

5 3660 Brown Slope Brick 45 2 x 2 Inverted (Pic)

1 43723 Brown Wing 2 x 3 Left (Pic)

1 43722 Brown Wing 2 x 3 Right (Pic)

it’s the brown inverted slopes and brown wings, and 7 hull middles ofcoarse.

you can see this in these pics:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1060047 and http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1060046

But the best thing is that brown plates let me get the “sheer” into the hull! The bow is three plates higher (at the brown line) than the midships, and the stern is four plates higher.

   The roomy fighting-tops are also marvelous.

thanks a again, checkout:

http://www.history.navy.mil/constitution/work4.htm

Please note, the minifig marine climbing through the center fighting top.

   And, as Larry pointed out, “ooh, tumblehome!”

yes, many models discussed here use “Slope Brick 75 2 x 2 x 3” for their tumblehome I choose to use “Slope Brick 65 2 x 2 x 2” I felt that I could build a tighter (hight wize) gun deck. And more importantly help get the “sheer” into the hull!

(And yes, the name you gave it made me think instantly of the oft-modelled Trincomalee.)

;^)

kurt

best

LFB