 Pirates / 1293
Re: Long barrelled, bayonet equipped muskets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:29:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, David Low writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Following on from Dave's post on rifle modifications to carry a diver's • knife
as a bayonet (which post I can't seem to find, sorry):

It was in an email (that's why it's not here!).

Yup that would explain it. Doh!

Looking forward to seeing this fearsome weaponry in action at the next
Brickwars!

I'll certainly bring along a squad.  I haven't decided whether to field them.
I think I'm still better off with long bows.

I seem to recall that historically crossbows replaced longbows because while
they took longer to load aim and fire, any idiot could load a crossbow and
fire it reasonably accurately.

Longbows were replaced by firearms, not crossbows, and that was primarily out
of disuse more than effectiveness.

Bruce