 People / Teens / 37
Re: teen FOLs: do we actually exist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 01:46:30 GMT

   Are you talking about holding a teen only contest? I’m not sure if this is such a good idea. Most contests are held around a theme and reward building ability alone - including age as a factor seems to be prejudicial for no particular rationale.

Oh no no! course not! what I was talking about is merely a contest that would allow teens to feel comfortable in displaying their MOCs, and not necessarily exclude others in the process. I only don’t want the builders with higher skill levels to discourage your average 13 yr old by making them think ‘I’m not good enough to compete with them’ (which seems to be a common mentality from what I understand was written earlier in the thread). Of course, I may be wrong here. The trouble is, age seems to be directly related to skill-level and part availability.

Legoswami Samarth