 People / Teens / 28
Re: teen FOLs: do we actually exist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 03:57:01 GMT

In lugnet.people.teens, Ted Michon wrote:

   Still, building LEGO at 14 and 17 is considerably more acceptable with their age peers and friend peers than it was when they were in 6th grade. Thomas has had a LEGO watch for 6 years, and he wears it everywhere every day. In 6th grade, he was more likely to get teased for it. Now it’s always a “Whoah! Where did you get that? Cool!”

Hang in there!

-Ted

Hi everyone, I couldn’t agree with this more. Probably the only reason this happens is because the mind of a 6th grader if far more sensitive to peer pressure and teasing in general than a teen. Getting older as a person, a teen becomes more comfortable with who he is, and so too his friends learn to accept that his or her interests are different from their own, and different from the norm, but a unique and neccessary part of bieng an individual. I have friends who think lego is ‘for kids’ and they tell me to ‘get a life’ and ‘grow up’ but in the end I stick with the brick because I believe in it, and will hopefully, continue to do so in the future :-)

Legoswami Samarth (16)