 People / Teens / 35
Re: teen FOLs: do we actually exist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:12:07 GMT

In lugnet.people.teens, Kevin Blocksidge wrote:
   In lugnet.people.teens, Samarth Moray wrote:
   In lugnet.people.teens, Kevin Blocksidge wrote:
   In lugnet.people.teens, Samarth Moray wrote:
   this from others.... I’m tryng to think of something right now, but I can’t quite put my finger on what would be attractive to build for the lurking teen (or any other teen for that matter).

Spaceships.

Yeah right. Easy for you to say. We need something which will encompass ALL themes. Teen builders lurking in all themes need to be woken. Else, I could just as well say TRAINS! and someone else would say CASTLE and we’d all be in a fine mess. ;-)

Vignettes should be good. They cover all themes, and the small size allows people of any collection size to participate.

~Kevoh

Wonderful Idea Kevoh!!! A small addition to that: We should also allow dioramas too, and put a size limit on them so that teens with insane piece counts can’t rule the roost. The reason I say this I so that anyone wanting to be more ambitious can be, and also some themes like trains are trickier to vignette-ize (There is only one train vignette I can recall, I think it was Josh Baakko’s) . I’m relatively new here (at least by way of actively participating in discussions); would you be interested in working offline with me on a contest? I know you’ve held the bot contest with Tim Deering, which, I suppose, makes you the ideal candidate.

Legoswami Samarth