 People / Teens / 29
Re: teen FOLs: do we actually exist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:27:10 GMT

Now, where are the TFOLs? They don't really seem to exist. In the real
world, at school etc. we seldomly "out" ourselves as LEGO fans. We all
play cool. Go on, you do, too. In the net, we lurk in LUGNET, but don't
post anything because we really don't want to hear something along the
lines of "Quite nice for a kid.". IMHO, TFOLs are _much_ closer to AFOLs
that to LEGO-kids, but our normal skill level is nowhere near them. So
we hide, and new ones (maybe most of us) keep on lurking and think
"damn, I seem to be the youngest or worst lego fan here" and maybe try
to get better "in hiding".

Ever heard of Ross Neil?  :^p  Even besides him, many of us TFOLs, I should
daresay, are as good as the adult builders in some cases.  And for me at least,
I make no qualms (or however you say it) about being a Lego fan.  Not that
anyone ever looks at it, but I wear my MichLTC hat every day at school.  But I
don't interact much with other kids anyway, so I can't speak much to it beyond
that.

So, I am very glad that there is l.p.teens. The few posts there are here
show that we do exist, but all of us "just lurk"

We oughta try some sorta theme or something to assert ourselves as TFOLs within
the community.  I have no idea what that something would be, but it's an idea.

-Stefan-

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=sastrei