 People / Teens / 34
Re: teen FOLs: do we actually exist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.teens
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:01:32 GMT

In lugnet.people.teens, Kevin Blocksidge wrote: Something about spaceships

Small addition: If you want to see budding TFOL’s, mocpages.com is THE place to be, IMO. Now I don’t have facts to prove it, but I do know that a large chunk of builders there are teens, my guess is within the 13-16 group. I think what comes into play here is the fact that you have a smaller number of parts, and a limited budget for buying more, but you are also now more bothered about things like technicolour schemes and poor construction (you wouldn’t care about that stuff if you were a kid.

You may be right about the spaceship thing in a way, I guess it is an ‘in’ theme to build in. But the idea behind any contest would (I suppose) be to draw the attention of those who wouldn’t post in normal circumstances, including minority themes, like say underground, and not just space.

We’re really lucky to have this newsgroup now, it was one of the reasons I decided to delurk after nearly 2 years of lurking. If we took more steps to draw attention of the lurking teens who follow this group, we may be able to have that contest. So I’ll take the first step:

ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL LURKING TFOLS: I’m calling you out! if you have anything you’d like to show, don’t hesitate! if you feel a bit shy about a crappy pic or colour mismatch, I still want to hear from you! Post your MOCs to this group and the appropriate theme. If you don’t feel like doing that either, EMAIL ME! I want to know how many of you are out there! don’t let the AFOL-dominated lugnet silence your MOCs!

Legoswami Samarth