Re: Greenberg Train Show 3/31-4/1 Willmington MA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:23:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Tom Duggan writes:
Well, i have a crossing already built, it just needs to be motorized. I will
bring it to the next meeting (whenever that may be, hopefully before the
show), and let you take a look at it to see what I need to do to make it
compatable with the motors.
I think I have one motor around somewhere that I can donate to the cause.
and I may have some light things.

Tom D

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Chris Phillips writes:

I have been working on making a few more RCX-automated railroad crossings.
If you can believe it, I don't have enough of a few critical parts to make
too many more!  I have most of the important stuff, but I might have to
borrow a few choice parts (micro-motors, dual lighting elements, and 1x1x2
"tube" elements in white and red) or enlist some help to make enough
crossings to make our layout safe.  That alone might be a good enough reason
for me to lDraw up the plans and post the NQC code...

If I have extra time, I'll probably leave the buildings to others and
concentrate on motorizing more stuff.  For example, I've been playing around
with ways to motorize the track switches.  A number of great plans have been
posted here recently.  The idea would be to be able to control all the
switches from the center of the layout, without reaching.

I just posted building instructions for my motorized railroad crossing
lift-gates on BrickShelf:

I'm working on a set of instructions for my lighted "railroad crossing" sign
next.  I eventually hope to tie it all up with a formal write-up about that
reed switch train sensor....

Anyway, if any of you can build a pair of these lift-gates for the layout,
I'll bring an RCX to run them.