Re: Greenberg Train Show 3/31-4/1 Willmington MA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
This is just a reminder that we are scheduled to display our layout at the
next
Greenbergs show on 3/31-4/1 with setup on 3/30.  We will be adding 2 tables to
the layout for this show which should give us a layout looking something like
this.

http://www.nelug.org/layout/layoutv2-3.gif

Of course the layout can be tweaked in order to fit MOC's and all but this
gives you a general idea.  I have about doubled my Main Street scene for the
layout which you can see here.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/temp/

I know others are working on projects as well, if you are planning on having
something for the layout let us know what you are planning and we can start
corrdinating the setup.

I have been working on making a few more RCX-automated railroad crossings.
If you can believe it, I don't have enough of a few critical parts to make
too many more!  I have most of the important stuff, but I might have to
borrow a few choice parts (micro-motors, dual lighting elements, and 1x1x2
"tube" elements in white and red) or enlist some help to make enough
crossings to make our layout safe.  That alone might be a good enough reason
for me to lDraw up the plans and post the NQC code...

If I have extra time, I'll probably leave the buildings to others and
concentrate on motorizing more stuff.  For example, I've been playing around
with ways to motorize the track switches.  A number of great plans have been
posted here recently.  The idea would be to be able to control all the
switches from the center of the layout, without reaching.

So mark your calendars, the last show was a blast and so should this one.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/