Subject:
GBC group??? (and a sad story)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:12:17 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey Steve et all...

I think it's about time you lobby for a GBC group on Lugnet.

I have been searching old posts, and checking out web sites... because after a
few failed attempts at GBC I thought I would get some divine inspiration from
the experts.

I know that this sort of thing is old hat to you all.

Infact, I can recall a bunch of "seasoned" bot builders laughing at me worrying
about touching their bots, or when I saw my first "plastic dust".  Don't get me
wrong, moving MOCs are beyond cool, but up until this moment, my bricks have
been fairly safe from damage.(1)

Last night, I had a GBC BREAK THRU... the gravity stuff is a piece of cake, but
as you know, getting the balls up is quiet a trick, at least for some of us.
Anyhow, I thought I would share my "modding" moment with you...

I was working away on a ball pump... I thought all was well... until I heard
this terrible grinding noise, and a huge crack, snap, POP!  (Again, I know, for
you all, this is nothing new... but for me, the sound of bricks being
"killed" was heartbreaking. The whole pump exploded, and aside from literally
spraying balls around the dining room (found one in the kitchen as well) I ended
up in a few very sad "bricks".  One twisted axle, one broken 24 tooth gear...
and the worst part... one dead vintage motor.

I guess this is the price of playing with the big boys.

Oh well, off to Bricklink, then back to the drawing board for me.

Janey "Red Brick"

1. Aside from that terrible 2 by 4 red brick incident.