Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:52:25 GMT

On Wed, November 30, 2005 12:00 am, Janey Cook wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Tue, November 29, 2005 8:12 pm, Janey Cook wrote:

... I always have to run the page
through google translate, type a reply, and run it back through google translate
before I post.  :)

Wow, that sounds like work! Have we met?? I'm Janey, a slacker, nice to meet
you, wink.

No.  If it was work, I'd be doing something else.  Like I am now.  :)

Now, tell me, how do you end up getting two slaves??  I would be happy with just
one, let me in on your secret...Shhhh, no one else is reading, and I wont tell
anyone.

You know, when you come up with one slightly interesting idea, suddenly people will
line up to be willing slaves.

I wish.

If only I could say they're MY slaves.  But, I think it's more accurate to say
they're slaves to the GBC.  We've spent the last year pretty much consumed by this
little project, and I'm not sure if it's going to end anytime soon.

I haven't set-up a GBC in my house for a while, but every few days, my 3 yr old
son
comes up and says, "Daddy.  Soccer ball."  :)

Hey at least he returns them, my son is pilfering them for his own attempts at
the GBC.

Smart kid.  How old was he when you adopted him?  :)

If he needs more, just ask.  Because, trust me, I've got balls.

If you go to the GBC page, there are links to many pictures.  I need to add more
links.  About the best documented place to see GBC modules is Philo's page.

Yes, both are great references, and I have clicked away a lot in the last few
days.

Here's something else that may be interesting.  In October we built a GBC to
incorporate into a train layout.  Here are some not-so-good pictures.

Steve