  GBC group??? (and a sad story)

Hey Steve et all... I think it's about time you lobby for a GBC group on Lugnet. I have been searching old posts, and checking out web sites... because after a few failed attempts at GBC I thought I would get some divine inspiration from the (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) Since its you posting, I feel I ought to make some comment about ball pumps etc ;) But I shall refrain. Yes, the design of these wonderful constructions, GBC modules, do have to be approached with a certain amount of care. Despite the inherent (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) Janey - don't feel too bad...we have all been there. Though I would say Steve has had to bear the most aingst about those little soccer balls. You had to be in his dining room to see the look on his face when my GBC module kept firing the cute (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) Awww. (...) Well it's sort of strange, it still runs, but its very slow, like its being powered by almost dead batteries (and no, the batteries are fine, the other motors work the same as always) (...) Yes, this is an option I should have (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) Thanks Brian. (...) I actually was too embarrassed my first post to mention I took one to the eye. Holy that hurt... I'm a shooter, I have learned not to look down a barrel, you would think that I had a bit more common sense. But I swear, that (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) Why? It's so much more fun to watch GBC talk take place all over LUGNET ;-) (...) hehe... you just weren't privy to all the "experts" watching their lifting devices failing miserably. Trust us, you aren't alone in the discovery that this is (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) Good point, but I wasnt sure where to post my sad story, so I figured I would pick on .laflrc! (...) Yes, without a doubt, my appreciation is up 10 fold. (...) Oh nooooo. (...) Oops... giggle. That sucks but I totally get it. Its funny, so (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) This place is as good as any to post GBC questions. You could post to the ITlug forum, but they prefer the posts in Italian. :) I always have to run the page through google translate, type a reply, and run it back through google translate (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) Why not .parlugment or .rtltoronto? :) Keith (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) What are you lot talking about. After seeing Daves GBC mods at the hobby show, I went home, and built a perfect ball pump. Its flawless, and VERY strong. Brick, plate, plate, brick dont ya know. :) geesh, GBC need the expertize of ROBOT (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) Wow, that sounds like work! Have we met?? I'm Janey, a slacker, nice to meet you, wink. (...) Yes, Im okay, but I will NEVER do that again, but I'm back on working on a new design. (To carry on with the gun theme...) I may be wounded but the (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) No. If it was work, I'd be doing something else. Like I am now. :) (...) You know, when you come up with one slightly interesting idea, suddenly people will line up to be willing slaves. I wish. If only I could say they're MY slaves. But, I (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

  Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)

(...) I'll second that - the stories are great. I can understand the "gunbarrel" problem as well. I made a module that used a flexible paddlewheel (to prevent jamming) to push balls up a curved ramp. Smiling with overconfidence, I turned it on with (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)