Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 05:00:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Tue, November 29, 2005 8:12 pm, Janey Cook wrote:

This place is as good as any to post GBC questions.  You could post to the ITlug
forum, but they prefer the posts in Italian.  :)  I always have to run the page
through google translate, type a reply, and run it back through google translate
before I post.  :)

Wow, that sounds like work! Have we met?? I'm Janey, a slacker, nice to meet
you, wink.

I know that this sort of thing is old hat to you all.

Building them may be, but the stories never get old.  We all love hearing about
people building GBCs.  I must say, your post really had me laughing.  Especially,
hearing about you "looking down the barrel of a gun".  I'm very glad you're OK, even
if you did lose a few LEGO parts.

Yes, Im okay, but I will NEVER do that again, but I'm back on working on a new
design. (To carry on with the gun theme...) I may be wounded but the war of the
GBC has just begun... and I won't stop until I'm victorious, or until they pry a
soccer ball out of my cold "rigor mortising" hand. Wink!

Now, tell me, how do you end up getting two slaves??  I would be happy with just
one, let me in on your secret...Shhhh, no one else is reading, and I wont tell
anyone.

Last night, I had a GBC BREAK THRU...

At first, I thought that was good...

Yes, dont all stories start out that way... once upon a time...

The really scarry thing is when this happens, and you look at your module, and it
still looks like it's working...

Yes, well sadly misery loves company, so I am happy to know I am not the only
one
else that has "suffered".

I haven't set-up a GBC in my house for a while, but every few days, my 3 yr old son
comes up and says, "Daddy.  Soccer ball."  :)

Hey at least he returns them, my son is pilfering them for his own attempts at
the GBC.

If you go to the GBC page, there are links to many pictures.  I need to add more
links.  About the best documented place to see GBC modules is Philo's page.

Yes, both are great references, and I have clicked away a lot in the last few
days.

If there's something you can't seem to solve, feel free to post here and ask about it.
Good luck, and Please keep us posted.

Thanks for the encouragement, and as soon as I get something going, you (the
collective laflrc) will be the first to know.

Cheers,
Janey "Red Brick"