Re: GBC group??? (and a sad story)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 04:17:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

I think it's about time you lobby for a GBC group on Lugnet.

Why? It's so much more fun to watch GBC talk take place all over LUGNET ;-)

Good point, but I wasnt sure where to post my sad story, so I figured I would
pick on .laflrc!

after a few failed attempts at GBC I thought I would
get some divine inspiration from the experts.

   hehe... you just weren't privy to all the "experts" watching their lifting
devices failing miserably. Trust us, you aren't alone in the discovery that this
is harder than it seems.

Yes, without a doubt, my appreciation is up 10 fold.

I heard this terrible grinding noise, and a huge crack, snap, POP!

   Steve, Bryan, & I recently displayed the GBC in Chicago, and I think I still
heard Bryan's drooling duck make that same sequence of sounds.

Oh nooooo.

Not that mine
were working perfectly either - I did a slight modification to my most reliable
module, and... well, let's just say Steve handed my pieces of it later, after
many a jam.

Oops... giggle. That sucks but I totally get it. Its funny, so many of them look
"simple" but man o man... very fickle little brats.

one dead vintage motor.

Ouch. Sorry, Janey.

OH well, easy come, easy go...

Cheers,