 Organizations / United States / 160
Re: How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 01:15:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Bram Lambrecht writes:
"Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com> writes:
At what age would you say children *don't* have to be accompanied by
an adult? Sixteen?  Do you know of a legal basis for that kind of
decision?  Of course, we wouldn't want any child to come without
permission.

I know my mom would not want to accompany me to any LUG meeting, but she
wouldn't have a problem if I went by myself (I'm 17)...

P.S.  I'm wondering because this came up in some of WAMALUG's recent
discusions, too.

I wonder if we should bring up the issue for GMLUG too...  My name is on
the members page, but I'm not technically an adult (although the only
person I know the same age as myself who still builds with LEGO is Tim
Courtney).

Does any one who plans on going to the Cleveland get-together have a
problem with my being <18 (by about 3 months)?  If not, is there anyone
who wants to give me a ride from Cleveland Heights to wherever the
meeting is?
--Bram

The only thing I guess I would add hear is probably an obvious point.  I think
that this issue is one for each of the groups to solve on their own.  I am sure
that some groups will handle things different than NELUG and that is great.
That way we call all learn from each other.

Eric K.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/