 Local / United States / Maine / 112
Re: Minors in LUGs (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:57:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.me, Eric Kingsley writes:

And by "avoid them completely" I assume you mean the issues rather than the
people.

D'oh!  yeah, the issues, not the people.

I like your idea of a second list.  If someone like Ryan or another JrFOL were
interested in having meetings of their own we could definitly look into • setting
them up with a mailing list like ours that is used to distribute information
that should not be posted publicly like addresses, phone #'s, directions to
ones house etc.

Sounds like a plan, as long as we're careful to point out that NELUG endorseth
not said event, and claimeth no responsibilty, etc etc etc.

Just so you all know the mailing list is not some sort of "secret society" • type
of information exchange where we hide things from the general community.

Good cover!  We wouldn't want them knowing about the ritual Timmy sacrifices,
or the NELUG Technic Tanks we're going to use to take over the worl... Uh, I
mean, yeah, not a secret society.  No secret information.  Nope.  Not here.  Or
there.

Well I would like to keep this discussion open for a while.

Of course.  I don't mean to present my opinion as NELUG's official one, it's
just the opinion of one member.

eric