 Local / United States / Maine / 99
Re: NELUG Turns 50!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:17:06 GMT

As an advisor of a church senior high youth group, I am definitely aware
of the issues...

Ryan raises a very good point though. One of the things that we AFOLs
should bend over backwards is to create a support structure for teens so
they do not have to go through a Dark Age. For most of us who have been
through a Dark Age, and especially those whose parents didn't stash away
the childhood LEGO bricks, just think about how much more you would
enjoy your collection if you could look back at items which you had as a
child, or purchased with your hard earned money, which are now fetching
astronomical prices on the auction circuit.

I always feel a little bad when I'm buying up some kid's LEGO
collection, but at least I know I'm contributing to saving it from the
garbage dump.

Just some thoughts...

--
Frank Filz