 Organizations / United States / 157
Re: How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:11:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.org.us, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.me, Eric Kingsley writes:
I think this problem can possibly be solved using some of the ideas I have
stated above.  Have clear cut Adult only meetings and invite kids to more
public all ages meetings.

I would suggest that it's easier (and possibly better all around) to simply
have all ages meetings, but make it clear that children have to be
accompanied by an adult.

At what age would you say children *don't* have to be accompanied by an adult?
Sixteen?  Do you know of a legal basis for that kind of decision?  Of course,
we wouldn't want any child to come without permission.

Check your local laws, but I'm fairly certain that the age of majority is 18
darn near everywhere.  Most places, able to vote=legally responsible for self.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/