 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 189
Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:56:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steven Barile writes:
I think I missed this one (Big Red) some how.  What are the handrails made
from?
SteveB
PNLTC

Sadly, I've got no revolutionary new assembly technique to share here. It's
just a bunch of 1x1x4 antennae for stanchions, with the long plastic piping
found on podracers snipped to length for the handrail, and a wee tiny dollop of
"ShooGoo" at each attachment point to hold it all together. I figured since the
Goo doesn't attack the ABS in small enough amounts, I could allow myself that
bit of impurity, in the name of keeping the right "look".

There have been some great solutions put together by others, but I'm the sort
who plans to replace all the handrails on my N scale locos with 0.010" brass
wire, when I get around to it :)

Besides, I plan once I've finalized the design to add lettering and decoration
with either waterslide decals or handcut vinyl stickers, so once you take that
first step, the subsequent steps become ever easier...

Gaah; decals and glue, when will the insanity end?? :^]

Cheers,
KevinM
NALUG