 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 176
Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:17:05 GMT

I think I missed this one (Big Red) some how.  What are the handrails made
from?
SteveB
PNLTC

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Kevin Maynes writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Big Red is my fave engine from your group... nice and beefy.

:) Thankyou! :)

Just don't tell me it's 8 wide. LOL.

Um... Ok, I won't.  ;)
A sketch of what it would've looked like if I'd gotten around to applying
(purists beware) the decals (gasp!) can be found here -

It's not entirely complete, detail-wise, and the lettering should have a • slight
italic lean, but you get the gist.

Actually, I overheard one Model Railroader commenting to another Model
Railroader at the event- "Look at the big red GP-38 in the middle."
Whee! Recognized even without the markings! Considering I was working from an
N-scale GP-38-2, (the -2 denotes updated electronics), that's just gotta be
pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

[ahem] Ok, I'm done self-agrandizing. For now.  :]

A 6-wide version is pending though. BigRed is too fat to fit most places on
Michel's layout, so I'll need one that will.
Unless of course the layout gets a redesign.. ah, 'tis nice to have a dream :)

Cheers,
Kevin.