 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 178
Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:44:37 GMT

Kevin,
With the decals that model really rocks, we would have won first place if the
decals had been on the model at the show!

Big Red is my fave engine from your group... nice and beefy.

A sketch of what it would've looked like if I'd gotten around to applying
(purists beware) the decals (gasp!) can be found here -

A 6-wide version is pending though. BigRed is too fat to fit most places on
Michel's layout, so I'll need one that will.
Unless of course the layout gets a redesign.. ah, 'tis nice to have a dream :)

I intend to rebuild the bridge, how much clearance, widthwise does big red
need?  The first layout I have been playing with, has three bridges, (all
the 30.5 inch size) two for trains and one for monorail.  I can build a simple
second bridge with ZNAP, unless someone in the group wants to mechanize one.
James has offered to improve the tunnel/mountain, I am not sure if he can allow
clearances for 8 wides.  It would probably take "rafters" made of technic beams
to allow the necessary clearance, yet be strong enough to support a roof or
upper level.

Michel