 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 183
Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:56:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes:
I intend to rebuild the bridge, how much clearance, widthwise does
big red need?  The first layout I have been playing with, has three
bridges, (all the 30.5 inch size) two for trains and one for monorail.
I can build a simple second bridge with ZNAP, unless someone in the
group wants to mechanize one.
James has offered to improve the tunnel/mountain, I am not sure if
he can allow clearances for 8 wides.  It would probably take "rafters"
made of technic beams to allow the necessary clearance, yet be strong
enough to support a roof or upper level.

Well considering that train bridges are currently the prime focus of
StRuCtures, it's a natural for NALug to showcase them.  The simple
monorail one at the show last week was a basic concept test - larger
and more elaborate ones are on the way.  I just have to make sure I get
an accurate measure of the distance between tables...  :-)  (Inside joke.)

A minor expansion of the mountain/tunnel wouldn't need Technic beams,
but if you want to make a wholesale change to something double or
triple or more the size, John and James would be the right guys IMO.

SRC