 Organizations / 375
Re: Definition of "LUG"... It's all in a name.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:15:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
First BrickLUG Chat... or Brick LEGO Users Group Chat:

To me the name itself doesn't make sense when you string it out.  It seems
redundant "Brick LEGO".  Why not just call it Brick Chat if it is just a place
for real time chats?  Or if it is a place for LEGO User Groups to Chat in real
time why not just call it LUG Chat?

Again I have nothing wrong with having a real time chat.  I am just wondering
about the name.

There is a simple answer to this.  Kyle wanted to make the room permanent, and
I believe the first couple names he tried were being used.  "BrickLUG" was the
first that was available.  :)

This is all from memory, so I could be waaaay out there....

Jeff