 Organizations / 373
Re: Definition of "LUG"... It's all in a name.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:12:31 GMT

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message

[ ... lots of snippage ... ]

Again I don't want to start a flame war I am just trying to see what other
people think about the term LUG.  I just don't want to see the term taken • for
granted and used for the sake of using it.  Also note that I have no • problem
with either BrickLUG Chat or LUGMag its just their names don't make sense • to
me.

I also don't expect either BrickLUG or LUGMag to change their names.  I • just
want people to start thinking about the use of the term LUG before they • use it.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

To me LUG is LEGO Users Group - a loose collection of people interested in
all things LEGO.  To me an LTC is simply a form of a LUG with a very
specific focus.

One thing to not - if you want to register a XXLUG type domain, there are
lots of Linux Users Group (also a LUG) and lots of domains are taken.  That
is the reason NCLUG is nclug.net and not nclug.org - the Linux group had
already registered it.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders