 Marketplace / Shopping / 11770
Re: St. Jacob's Pick A Brick Update (Oct 2/04)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 05:39:13 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Doug Eaton wrote:
While visiting friends in Waterloo this weekend, I stopped by Bricks and Blocks
in St. Jacob's Mall and was suprised to find Pick A Brick in Canada and at a
store that is not owned by LEGO.

http://www.elecbrick.com/lego/bnb/

I dropped by the store today to see if anything had changed with the Pick A
Brick rack.  Good news... the rack seemed to be continuing to draw interest from
a number of shoppers.  Bad news... there are no new elements from the original
selection.  However, more good news... they are actually sold out of a couple of
elements (the 2x4 bricks with wheels attached and the 1x4 white picket fences).
The staff member I spoke to indicated the 'test' seemed to be going well.  So
hopefully this is a good sign (strong interest, good sales) that it will at
least continue, if not expand.

For the curious... the small bag I packed this time ended up with 158 elements
in it.  Or, about 3.8 cents each (before tax).

Best regards,
Allan B.

Hmm -- Allan, I tried responding to the email you sent me and it bounced back.
Both email@ and allanbedford@. Just thought you'd like to know...

-Tim