 Marketplace / Shopping / 11700
Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:17:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Keith Hui wrote:
Hi Allan,

Initially I figured I'd fill the larger bags, thinking that would be the best
deal.  But when I got there, it appeared (at least to my eyes) that the large
bags aren't really that much larger than the small ones.  I would guess no more
than 25% larger. (Maybe someone else has a better take on how much bigger they
really are.) But where the small bags cost $5.99 each (before tax) the large are
$9.99.  So I ended up filling two small bags.

Too bad I have to spent about 3 minutes finding the way, being my first time in
Waterloo.

Next time I will know to go for the small bags. Thanks.

Well, that's just my feeling, but it was based on a very quick comparison. I'd
be interested to hear from someone who packed one of each, to see whether or not
the large bag can hold $4 worth more than the small.

least 3 other customers say, "wow, look at that" and saw two or three other
people packing bags.  I can't imagine this won't do well for them.

I was there (in a pig tee :-) too around most of the 4pm filling up one large
bag. Did you see me?

I don't think so.  :(

I arrived around 4:30 and went immediately into a Pick-a-Brick zone out... my
own mother could have been standing next to me and I probably wouldn't have
noticed.  ;)

Next is to check if their Cookstown location have this same thing.

Yes, it will be interesting to know if it's there and/or at their Windsor
outlet.

Best regards,
Allan B.