 Marketplace / Shopping / 11695
Re: Pick A Brick now in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:21:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Doug Eaton wrote:
While visiting friends in Waterloo this weekend, I stopped by Bricks and Blocks
in St. Jacob's Mall and was suprised to find Pick A Brick in Canada and at a
store that is not owned by LEGO.

http://www.elecbrick.com/lego/bnb/

For comparison, a large Canadian PAB bag is $9.00 and holds almost as much as a
small $7.60 US PAB cup (this one came from Solomon Pond.)

Doug,

Thank you very much for posting this.  I live only about 35 minutes from Bricks
and Blocks, so this is very good news.

This must be very new for them.  I was just there on August 15 and there was no
sign of it then.

I had spoken with the staff a couple of months before that and they talked as
though they might be getting one "some day".  But it looks like some day is now.
:)

It's interesting that it's not a wall like the company owned stores, but I guess
it's more of a rack... based on your pictures.  I'm guessing that was much
easier to install.

Thanks again for this great news, and the pics as well.

Best regards,
Allan B.