 Marketplace / Shopping / 11717
Re: (Update on Windsor and Cookstown) Re was: Pick A Brick now in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:47:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Doug Eaton wrote:
While visiting friends in Waterloo this weekend, I stopped by Bricks and Blocks
in St. Jacob's Mall and was suprised to find Pick A Brick in Canada and at a
store that is not owned by LEGO.

http://www.elecbrick.com/lego/bnb/

For comparison, a large Canadian PAB bag is $9.00 and holds almost as much as a
small $7.60 US PAB cup (this one came from Solomon Pond.)

Heads up on "Pick a Brick".

For those of you that don't know, all three Bricks and Blocks in Ontario (St.
Jacobs, Windsor and Cookstown) are owned by the same owner.

I have been told (by the Cookstown Store) that the Pick a Brick, in St Jacobs is
a test project, and if it goes well, then the other two stores should get it as
well.

So I guess it's really up to us to make it a success, happy buying, and
building!!!

I agree.  I hope those within driving range will at least drop by at some point
to see it and tell the store how interested they are to see the feature added.
For those of you who've never been to St. Jacob's this is a great time to make
the trip.  The store is in an outlet mall, so if you're bringing someone who's
not into LEGO rest assured they will have lots of other shopping they can do.
:)

I also emailed the store at:

waterloo@bricksandblocksoutlet.com

To let them know I'd been in and spent some money on the Pick-A-Brick rack. Not
sure it it will help them turn this from test into a standard feature, but I
figured it couldn't hurt.

Best regards,
Allan B.