 Marketplace / Shipping / 527
Re: How much does LEGO Weigh?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:38:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Christopher Tracey writes:

a gold coin =  0.05602 g

flower petal    = 0.06392 g
small antenna   = 0.05744 g
1x1 plate       = 0.17583 g
1x1 round plate = 0.10436 g
1x8 brick       = 3.06061 g
1x8 technic brk = 2.89084 g

Are there any published data on Lego weights?  I remembered this thread, but
this was the *only* info I could find.  Even the RTL FAQ, which goes into
excruciating detail on the dimensions of a 2x4 brick, can't be bothered to say
how much one weighs.

Given that I spent half an hour or so today trying to figure out how much Lego
I could add to a BrickLink order and stay below 0.7kg, and ended up having to
guess[1], I think there must be *some* demand for this information.[2]

TWS Garrison

[1] And I was just trying to estimate weights for common pieces. . .1x6 bricks,
6x8 plates, maybe 'figs. . .
[2] I suppose this info could be hiding in the BrickLink discussion fora, but
those are not searchable.