 Marketplace / Shipping / 375
Re: How much does LEGO Weigh?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:24:24 GMT

In article <GBLto5.JsI@lugnet.com>,
Cary Clark <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote:
a gold coin =  0.05602 g
flower petal    = 0.06392 g
small antenna   = 0.05744 g
1x1 plate       = 0.17583 g
1x1 round plate = 0.10436 g
1x8 brick       = 3.06061 g
1x8 technic brk = 2.89084 g

Hm, looking at the picture I get to wondering. These numbers are pretty
ridiculously small to even more ridiculously small precision.

Would it not be more "correct" to measure more than one at the time and
divide, perhaps then adding in an error factor based on weighing
individual pieces? Noting that the difference between the small antenna
and the gold coin is about 1 milligram, I can easily imagine a light
coin and a heavy antenna making the numbers turn out backward....

(Note: An appropriate answer is very possibly, "Yes, but I don't have
that much free time with the scale..."  :)  ) Or perhaps even "I don't
own the seven million antenna it would take to get a reasonable
reasonable measurement", I don't recall where you can assume
you're not just looking at statistical noise...

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <