 Local / Australia / 10019
Re: New Harry Potter sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

Summary of the new sets:

Best: Dumbledore's office, Escape from Privet Drive, Dobby's Release
Middling: Duelling Club, Slytherin, Quidditch Practice
Worst: Aragog in the Dark Forest, Chamber of Secrets

I'm in complete agreement here.

Summary of the new figs:

Best: Madam Hooch, Prof McGonagle, celebrity wizard, Dobby, Slytherin cohort
with attitude hair
Middling: Dobby's not nice master, Uncle Vernon
Dull: the other Slytherin cohort

Here I disagree.  Dobby's master (Lucius Malfoy) is a great fig.  That torso
would be great in any Town setting.  Blond hair is stil rare enough to be
exciting.  And the face is interesting.  Almost the same things can be said
about Uncle Vernon.  I'm always happy with new figs that seem to have a more
general utility.  Hooch, OTOH, is less useful.  I don't see her as being
generic enough to use outside of HP creations.  Also on figs, I like the new
torsos on Ron and Harry in the Aragog set.  Again, these are generic useful
Town torsos.  Unfortunately, they don't make it worth buying that set--I'm
in strong agreement on the spider model.  I even need to make a giant spider
for my Tolkien project, but I won't get this set.  I'd rather build my own
design.

Bruce