 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5586
Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 01:00:10 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Neumann writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Paul S. D'Urbano writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Neumann writes:
3.Lego should make the Santa Fe B-Unit accessory pack alluded to when the
SFSC first came out.

Is this something the AFOL can't do?

<major snippage>

It's a painstaking process and once again it's time
away from my family that if I'm going to dedicate to LEGO, I'd rather be
building.  Maybe I'm in the minority among AFOLs but if LEGO Direct is going
to consider the AFOL demographic when deciding a product (assuming they do
at all) I want it to be known that we don't all have the same resources.

Regards,
Paul

Yeeeowch.  Ok, sore spot, got it.
Oops, sorry for venting there.  I guess I didn't realize I had such a sore
spot there myself.  I'm just sometimes frustrated by the really cool things
other AFOLs demonstrate is possible but I can't achieve for time/money reasons.

But really do you think you're a majority or a minority
of the LEGO buyer?
Don't know.  I'd suspect most kids don't care if they have the exact correct
pieces and colors to create a perfect prototypical MOC and maybe most AFOLs
have the time and capital to build whatever they want, so perhaps I am in
the minority of buyers.

If you really must have one of these models it is still
a possibility.
I know it could be done and I probably will do it if the accessory pack
never materializes.  But if LD makes it easy for me then I have more time
and money to spend on something else.  I understand they need to see demand.

But as for the rest of it, I do believe that LEGO is considering its fans,
and paying attention.  My god, just look at the product line, while they
aren't making everyone happy they are closer to the mark than ever before.
IMNSHO
Agreed!  I can't wait for summer!

In fact I'd say pay attention to what is about to come from LEGO Direct.  My
guess is that LEGO is about to get more involved.
I think LEGO Direct has been great and can't wait to see what they do next!

Mark Neumann

Sorry again about venting,
Paul