 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5579
Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:40:14 GMT

1.Lego should make something available to clubs to give out at events
(train clubs I am thinking of here). Something like "If you want to get
into lego trains yourself, here is what is available and where to get it from"

Frank's comment aside, what else could come from LEGO that'd you like to see?
Maybe a how to get started (LEGO instructions...)
<throwing out ideas>
How about a listing of LTC/LUGs to get the enthusiast aware of what may be
available in thier area?  (LEGO is providing this remember...)
How about a listing of online resources?
LUG/LTC contact sheet?
</thowing out ideas>

2.Lego should make more things that go with trains other engines and
rolling stock. Yes we are getting a new train station and a new cargo crane
this year but there should be more and better. For example, the yellow
train station would make a perfect legends set (if any parts LD doesnt have
access to were removed). Or even better, a new design for a train station.
Or mabie a level crossing. Or some kind of coal/water setup (designed to
look good next to the MOT trains), something like that would be a nice
medium sized/small set

Here's my issues with this, LEGO can only do so much, and Trains are a part
of the overall picture.  We all want more in our themes and I'm sure that
TLC picks how heavy to go in any given theme.  I'm split, I think LEGO would
do well to supply the train theme with more 'stuff.'  Seems to me there's a
pretty decent selection of trains and cars.  On par with the selection of
any other theme at least.  Water towers, crossings, fencing packs, er, what
else?  Maybe what I'm asking here is for more town?

3.Lego should make the Santa Fe B-Unit accessory pack alluded to when the
SFSC first came out.

Is this something the AFOL can't do?

4.Lego should make more space sets, more space accessory packs and more
space parts (there are a few sets out there that are good for space but not
very many). In particular, I want to see more "space" sets (be they
starwars or otherwise) that DONT use those curved panels and slopes and
canopies and stuff that TLC seems to be in love with lately. (I cant be the
only one that doesnt like those parts...)

I think they're great, but anyway, I agree.  My comments from #2 apply here
as well.  I want  but I also respect that TLC is doing what it thinks is
going to sell.  Personally I want to see the generic space come back.  Star
Wars is cool and all, but classic space is cool too!  Gah, well space does
has it's slice of the pie I suppose.
I miss the service packs too.

and 5.Lego should make more technic sets like the 8430 crane, the blue
motorbike and so on (either reissues or even better, new designs). Stuff
with studded beams and stuff. Also and more importantly, make available
accessory packs containing the most commonly used technic parts (gears,
beams, pegs, engine parts, belts, pullies, plates with holes and stuff).
Dacta does do some accessory packs but not everyone can get that stuff.
Many parents probobly wouldnt know about it (but would know about shop @ home)

Agreed, technic good!  (particuarily technic using technic brick beams and
not lift arms)  We got some coming this year, did you notice?

Mark