 LEGO Company / 3627
Re: Bowed plates around the engine?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 06:14:30 GMT

   In lugnet.lego, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote: • ...
   I think I recognize him as the same guy who designed the Death Star II. Am I right? Did you get a chance to talk to him?

In lugnet.lego, Joe Meno wrote:
   Yep, that’s him! His name is Jens Kronvold Frederiksen - you can find an old interview with him here.

Well, you have to love this part from that interview:

   MPb: We see the Death Star Set as being one of those “Ultimate Fantasy Sets” that finally came true. Are there any “Someday I hope we can make the...” that you hope becomes real?

   Jens: I feel pretty much the same about both the Star Destroyer and the Death Star II. We have a lot of ideas, but I don’t think that we will make LEGO Star Wars set, for trade that are bigger than these!!!

Quite nice that it didn’t actually come true! :)

-- joshua