 LEGO Company / 1132
  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Hi. I think, the survey is nonsense. LEGO cannot produce any more legends, because the colors needed are no more available. Regards Ronald (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) I tend to agree, though they COULD reissue the very first castle, you know, the yellow one. ;-) I fear there may be no end to corporate wrongheadedness. Peace and lost legends, Professor Whateverly (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) I am not sure I agree. See (URL) which is rereleased as (URL) but in different colors. Arguably that's a case where LEGO produced a "legend", isn't it? I think to say that they cannot do it may not be a universally held opinion. I think the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) This is true. When I ordered the metroliner legend I was dissappointed to find that the girl hair with the pigtails was replaced with the long straight hair. Jeff (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Except it has light-grey plates used for walkways on the battlements, light grey helmets, a light-grey visor, light grey armor, light-grey shields, light-grey lances, light-grey battleaxes, and light-grey swords (which I think might also be (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) I guess they'll have to stick to just doing Cool Blacktron (none of that Super-B stuff)! Woohoo!. Well, they're kinda stuck on the Message Intercept Base...and the Invader...and the Battrax (which all use LG pieces), and I can pass on the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Not to mention the 10021 USS Constelation that had this piece: (URL) of this: (URL) surely the color change is a *lot* more serious issue and, me too, I don't think the sentence 'rereleasing Legends' makes sense anymore :-( Another disapointed (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Oops, um, nevermind. I should have checked a picture first. So, I started thinking of legends I'd like to see and 565 Lunar Lander and 371 Sea Plane came to mind, but they have gray jets and a gray propeller respectively. So, again, nevermind. (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) I'd love to see 565 Lunar Lander re-released as a legend!!! I'm sure that people would buy it as a legend and as a source of blue pieces (lots of slopes). That was my very first "big" LEGO set. The first set was a very small front end loader, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Who cares. As long as AFOL's document what's different, we can discuss such things here before people spend the money on something thay may, or may not want. Also, if it bothers you that much, why not buy the "girl hair with the pigtails" from (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) ARGHH!! Blasphemy!!! My spine!!! (passes out) --Dave (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) I have to agree - if the colors aren't the same, or if the pieces are significantly different (like substituting 1x1 brick with headlight for 1x1 window, as noted earlier), then it's not a reissue, but a reinterpretation. $0.02 James Wilson (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) I have to wonder why people are spotlighting Ronald's post. Precise reissues aren't going to happen for older sets anyway. In any case, I wouldn't buy a reissue of the yellow castle. Accurate? So what? It would still be bright yellow. Sand (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Because he seems to have captured how they feel about the color issue as it affects Legends releses. Can't be a reissue if it's significantly different. Call it something else. (...) If Ford Motor Company decided to "reissue" the Model T, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Probably (URL) - I have one too. Funny you should mention a source of blue pieces. By the time 565 and 371 came out, I had a paper route and thus a steady supply of disposable income, so I bought respectively 3 and 4 of each as a source of (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

In lugnet.lego, James Wilson wrote: snip (...) Wow! A great example. A classic space set, or any other legend, would not be the same in bley. (20 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) LOL! (And could somebody please call 911 for mr. Lovelace?!) Erik B (from Holland; calling 911 myself won't work for Dave :-| ) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) It seems to have worked for the rerelease of the "VW Bug"..... :) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Considering the fact that the last old-style VW Beetle didn't roll off the line until late last year, technically the new Beetle isn't a rerelease. :) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) IIRC, VW stopped making the old Beetle in 1978. The factory I think you're referring to is one in Mexico. Local managers bought it from the company, since there was a mucher higher demand there than elsewhere for the bug. Somehow I don't think (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) They stopped production in Germany at that time, but they didn't stop production entirely. They'd still be making them in Mexico if it wasn't for the government working to phase out 2-door taxi cabs, and reducing tarrifs on imports (after all, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)