 General / 51995
Re: Na na na na na na na na...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:32:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Hyland wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Anthony Sava wrote:

First, Megabloks already has (or had) the Batman license...

Actaully, it was Art Asylum and Play Along Toys that had the Batman licence with thier C3 and Mini-Mates line. Appauling construction sets, but cool figures.

Wow. My opinion is 180° from yours. I hate the Mini-Mates figures from head to toe, but I was generally satisfied with the design of the sets (though they weren’t a good dollar value, which is part of why they tanked, IMO).

   Megabloks now has a Spiderman license, complete with Doc Ock and I think the Green Goblin... did LEGO lose that license?

The MegaBloks stuff looks like it’s all based on comic designs, not the movies. Even their Fantastic Four stuff is comic based, not movie based.

That’s incorrect, I’m afraid. The box for the very nice Baxter Building Lab set features graphics from the film as well as the 20th Century Fox logo.

Perhaps the license deal extends to that film company, but not to Sony?

   LEGO Spider-Man is for the two movies. But will they do more sets when the third movie comes out?>

That, I don’t know. Mega Bloks has already revealed some of its product line for 2006, including sets with the Green Goblin (better than LEGO’s version), Veom, and Carnage, but these are comic-based rather than film-based.

Dave!