 General / 51936
Re: Na na na na na na na na...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:43:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Anthony Sava wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   Batman.

Jake has confirmed it - yet another license, starting in 2006.

PS - Why isn’t there a year.2006 newsgroup?

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s
Creations

The first obvious thing to say is “I thought LEGO was done with licenses...”

But aside from that, many questions come to mind.

First, Megabloks already has (or had) the Batman license...

So is this a different license than Megabloks? Like for the Batman prequel movie or similar? Does both LEGO and Megabloks now have a Batman License?

Was DC comics upset with the way Megabloks ran the Batman License and sold it out from under them?

Or was Megabloks simply bored or tired of the license and did not renew?

Megabloks now has a Spiderman license, complete with Doc Ock and I think the Green Goblin... did LEGO lose that license?

Makes me almost think the two companies just switched licenses....

--Anthony

Sometimes it seems like Designer is the “LEGO license”, and turning out movie and TV-based toys is what TLC actually does. Even the TLC-created “stories” (Bionicle, KK, Dino Attack) just seem like tie-ins in search of a cartoon.

I know that there are seperate movie and comic (and presumably TV) licenses, but I can’t keep track of who has what. There’s also this clone product, by Art Asylum.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations