 General / 51985
Re: Announcing ILENN: the International LEGO Enthusiast News Network
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:15:16 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   For the last few months I’ve been working on a news project for the LEGO community. It’s not even near done, however it’s high time for a preliminary look.

http://www.ilenn.com/dev/index2.php

(snip)

It’s my hope that providing this sneak peek will spur development efforts, since I sometimes have a tendency to stall if I don’t have a deadline (right, Joe?) and I figure announcing this publicly will provide me with a kick in the butt.

Stall? You? Nahhhhhh.....:-)

This is really cool, and will help me out quite a bit in looking for news items! I’m VERY impressed by this!

Joe Meno
Editor/Publisher, BrickJournal

PS. You might want to do a story on this in the next issue:-)

   So what does the future hold?

As development progresses, I’m hopeful that some others in the community will help - especially with language localization, and providing RSS (news) feeds from their own LEGO-related web sites.

The more LEGO-specific sources are available, the more useful this tool can be. I’ll be happy to work with LEGO-related content owners (e.g. fan sites) that would like to provide news feeds in RSS format.

I’d like to thank those who’ve helped with this, especially Dan Boger and Jake McKee, and to webmasters who’ve already added RSS feeds, including Kyle Keppler.

Kelly McKiernan