 General / 48648
Re: MOC: Motorized Cows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:40:48 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Erik Amzallag wrote:
   The system is simple : an RCX and a light sensor which detects the train, and a micromotor to turn the head.

That’s exceedingly cool. But since I don’t have an RCX, it makes me wonder whether something similar could be done without it. Perhaps a small lever that’s pressed by the train as it goes past, which is connected by a hidden string to the heads? Or something that uses the weight of the train on the tracks?

Probably not as easy or as good as using RCX, but it makes one wonder...

Anyway, super job!