 General / 48656
Re: MOC: Motorized Cows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 18:55:26 GMT

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.announce.moc, Erik Amzallag wrote:
Hi everybody

I presented a "little" but really fun MOC at BricMania, July 24 and • 25th,
France : two cows who watch the trains run.

If you did'nt see them, watch these videos to have an idea on what I • will
speak here :

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ea-the-smile/FreeLUG/BricMania2004/cows.m
ov>

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jlb/FreeLUG/Bricmania2004/dscn1955.mov>

This is officially the coolest MOC I have ever seen.  Other than space and • brick
constraints, is there a limit to the number of cows you could rig this • way?  And
is it possible to vary the rate of motion slightly between animals?

In any case, wonderful models!   I'd think that this kind of thing must be • a
real attention-grabber at displays and shows.  Bravo!

Dave!

Those are great!  One way you could make the motion a little different is to
change the gearing on one of them to a different gear ratio and for an added
bonus, add another cow in the back of those facing a different direction and
make his head go up and down instead of left and right.

Again, great work!
Rob