 General / 25512
Re: Confessions of a LEGO Maniac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:11:05 GMT

In article <G5uyJL.C1v@lugnet.com>, Aaron West <maniac@netwebb.com> wrote:
Um... I think we are sharing a brain.  I did this last week after
re-building my Explorien Starship.  Must be them cool little holo-computers
transmitting brain patterns from Starship to Starship.  Right now I find
myself playing my preliminary Chess Castle set against myself and having
these same things going on in my head.  It ain't wierd to those of us who
*know* that LEGO is something akin to the Meaning Of Life.
Best,
Aaron (over and out)

After all these responses, now I feel like a weirdo, like there must be
something wrong with me.

I just build stuff. Starships only get a few good swooshes; I want to know
if parts are liable to fall off. Once it goes on the rack, it just sits
there; the next time I pick it up will not be to swoosh it, it will be
to tear apart half of it and rebuild it.

In fact, sometimes a starship gets no swooshes. I've got an ongoing project
starship that's now only passingly related to the Galactic Mediator. I can't
swoosh it. It's way too big now...

It's been this way since I was a kid. I've always prefered the design and
the creation to the actual "play".

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <