 General / 25452
25451  |  25453
Subject:
Confessions of a LEGO Maniac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:30:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

OK.   This is rather odd but I'm just wondering if I'm doing OK in the head
here or I've just not grown up and don't know it.

For the record, I'm 29.

Currently, I have a large number of LEGO sets that I've gotten since I was
4.  There were some from my childhood that I relied on Christmas and
Birthdays to provide, and then some when I got to be 26 and had disposable
income to actually purchase large amounts of sets.  In the last oh three
years especially have I really gotten serious about picking up old sets I've
always wanted as well as purchasing anything LEGO system related.

I'm wondering, Am I the only one that walks by a set, for example, the
Explorian Starship is sitting downstairs, broken (meaning ship got a wing
knocked off, not the pieces) but I find myself wandering by in the afternoon
when no one is around and literally playing with it.

I don't mean picking it up and trying to fix it, I mean having the little
conversations of the men trying to figure out what happened to their ship
and trying to get it repaired (not outloud, just in my head).   Opening up
the bay and exposing that Explorian Blue Core thing and acting like it's the
main power source trying to come online or something along those lines.

These are the kind of things I did as an 8 - 12 year old when the classic
space sets came about.  I'm just wondering if anyone else around here
actually reverts to their child like minds and just 'plays' or does everyone
around here just think of these as stuff to design models with?

Tom